As with any new experience, prepping them for preschool is important but most important is the 'fun' thing.
- Communicate. Before starting, talk to your child about where they will be going, what they will be doing( lots of fun activities), who they will be meeting (all the fun super teachers and cool friends), and where they will be going (the coolest place on earth). Using story telling technique.
- Be honest with yourself because your child can sense it. They will know are you sending me out or bringing me to the happiest place to learn. Answer your child’s questions about preschool as openly and honestly as possible. (E.G mummy and Daddy also grow up and love going to preschool and you are going to mummy and daddy preschool when we were young like youuuu..)
- Read. Help your child feel prepared by reading books about children discovering new experiences.
- Orientate. Drive or walk past the or preschool regularly to show your child where they will be going.
- Visit. Pop by to the centre a few times with your child before their first day.